What You'll Do
- Check out the Ephesus's monumental fountains
- Admire the ancient Library of Celsius
- Visit the famed Virgin Mary House, where she spent her last year
- Enjoy one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Temple of Artemis
- Visit the stunning Basilica of St. John as well as his tomb
What You Can Expect
Visit the beautiful city of Ephesus from Istanbul and discover one of the best-preserved Roman cities in the Mediterranean area.
Begin the tour with an overnight bus from Istanbul, via Selcuk Otogar, arriving at Ephesus in the morning. The tour of the ancient city begins at 09:00 with a walk along Marble Street to the magnificent Library of Celsius. Admire the antiquated building and envision life during the Roman times, when Ephesus was the Roman capital of Asia Minor.
Continue the tour to visit the various ruins and monumental fountains of Ephesus, and once you have explored its fascinating historical buildings, make your way to the famed Virgin Mary House where she was said to have spent the last year of her life. End this captivating tour with a visit to the Temple of Artemis, one of the acclaimed Seven Wonders of the World, so large that it was rumored to have taken over 120 years to complete.
The full-day tour ends at 17:30, at which time you will begin your journey back to Istanbul via Selcuk Otogar, arriving in the Turkish capital at 06:30.